Jump to Main Content
- Carroll, J. Matthew; Davis, Craig A.; Elmore, R. Dwayne; Fuhlendorf, Samuel D.
- Rangeland ecology & management 2017 v.70 no.2 pp. 175-182
- Colinus virginianus, etc ; Quercus havardii; ecosystems; grasslands; home range; landscapes; managers; plant communities; prescribed burning; radio telemetry; sand; shrublands; spring; wildlife management; Oklahoma; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Despite inhabiting fire-adapted grasslands and shrublands across much of their continental distribution, northern bobwhite (Colinus virginianus, hereafter bobwhite) behavior relative to disturbance (e.g., fire) is poorly understood, especially in the western fringe of their distribution. We assessed bobwhite movement and space use following dormant season burning (January−March 2013−2014) in a san ...
- Tanner, Evan P.; Elmore, R. Dwayne; Fuhlendorf, Samuel D.; Davis, Craig A.; Thacker, Eric T.; Dahlgren, David K.
- Rangeland ecology & management 2015 v.68 no.6 pp. 476-484
- Colinus virginianus, etc ; Callipepla; breeding; breeding season; cumulative distribution; nests; quails; radio telemetry; rangelands; rivers; surface water; wildlife; wildlife management; Oklahoma; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Supplementing wildlife populations with resources during times of limitation has been suggested for many species. The focus of our study was to determine responses of northern bobwhite (Colinus virginianus; Linnaeus) and scaled quail (Callipepla squamata; Vigors) to artificial surface-water sources in semiarid rangelands. From 2012–2014, we monitored quail populations via radio telemetry at Beaver ...