Jump to Main Content
- Everard, Mark; Gupta, Nishikant; Scott, Christopher A.; Tiwari, Prakash C.; Joshi, Bhagwati; Kataria, Gaurav; Kumar, Smita
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 165-177
- abandoned land; assets; biodiversity; case studies; ecosystem services; ecosystems; ecotourism; elderly; females; food availability; foraging; forests; governance; income; indigenous knowledge; interviews; labor; landscapes; livelihood; livestock production; men; monkeys; mountains; multicultural diversity; poverty; rivers; swine; villages; water supply; wildlife; Himalayan region
- ... Mountains host high biological and cultural diversity, generating ecosystem services providing benefits over multiple scales but also suffering significant poverty and vulnerabilities. Case studies in two contrasting village communities in the Indian Middle Himalayas explore linkages between people and adjacent forest and river ecosystems. Interviews with local people and direct observations revea ...
- Fernández, Francisco J.; Blanco, Maria; Ponce, Roberto D.; Vásquez-Lavín, Felipe; Roco, Lisandro
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 89-100
- agricultural income; case studies; climate change; commercial farms; economic impact; ecosystems; farmers; households; issues and policy; models; off-farm employment; poverty; semiarid zones; small farms; Chile
- ... The nexus between climate change, agriculture, and poverty has become a major topic of concern, especially for dry regions, which represent a large share of the world’s population and ecosystems vulnerable to climate change. In spite of this, to date, few studies have examined the impacts of climate change on agriculture and the adaptation strategies of vulnerable farmers from emerging semi-arid r ...