Jump to Main Content
- Everard, Mark; Gupta, Nishikant; Scott, Christopher A.; Tiwari, Prakash C.; Joshi, Bhagwati; Kataria, Gaurav; Kumar, Smita
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 165-177
- abandoned land; assets; biodiversity; case studies; ecosystem services; ecosystems; ecotourism; elderly; females; food availability; foraging; forests; governance; income; indigenous knowledge; interviews; labor; landscapes; livelihood; livestock production; men; monkeys; mountains; multicultural diversity; poverty; rivers; swine; villages; water supply; wildlife; Himalayan region
- ... Mountains host high biological and cultural diversity, generating ecosystem services providing benefits over multiple scales but also suffering significant poverty and vulnerabilities. Case studies in two contrasting village communities in the Indian Middle Himalayas explore linkages between people and adjacent forest and river ecosystems. Interviews with local people and direct observations revea ...
- Damastuti, Ekaningrum; de Groot, Rudolf
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 65-78
- biodiversity; coasts; ecosystem services; ecosystems; fishery resources; georeferencing; harvesting; learning; models; social capital; spatial data; villages; Indonesia
- ... Assessment of mangrove ecosystem services (ES) is essential to understand and manage the contribution of these ecosystems to the well-being of local communities. They are the primary beneficiaries but their experience, knowledge, and information are frequently ignored in ES assessment and mapping. In this study, a participatory resource mapping (PRM) approach was applied using local knowledge and ...