Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jiayue; Xin, Liangjie; Wang, Yahui
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1023-1033
- agricultural land; arable soils; environmental Kuznets curve; forest growth; forest restoration; forests; issues and policy; models; urbanization; China
- ... This paper uses panel data to analyze whether a forest transition has occurred in China and to identify the driving forces behind forest growth in China. We used generalized method of moments (GMM) model to identify forest transition. Analyzing forest transition only at the national level neglects regional differences. The results show that there exists an environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) relatio ...
- Albizua, Amaia; Corbera, Esteve; Pascual, Unai
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1147-1158
- agricultural land; climatic factors; crop prices; farmers; global change; irrigation; issues and policy; livelihood; local government; small-scale farming; trade; villages; Spain
- ... Agricultural landscapes are dynamic environments which change in response to cropping and trade opportunities, available technologies and climatic conditions. In this article, we investigate farmers’ vulnerability to climate-related stressors and crop price volatility in rural Navarre, Spain. Specifically, we analyse the extent to which livelihood differences and vulnerability can be partly explai ...