Jump to Main Content
- Celata, Filippo; Sanna, Venere Stefania
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 939-952
- community gardens; cooperatives; economic impact; energy; environmental impact; human capital; local food systems; purchasing; recycling; social capital; social impact; Europe
- ... The contribution of community-based initiatives towards sustainability transitions is of growing interest. However, systematic, quantitative, and comparative assessments of their potential impact across different environmental, social, and economic dimensions are scarce. In this paper, we present a multi-dimensional assessment of 37 initiatives grouped in the following typologies: community garden ...
- Landholm, David M.; Holsten, Anne; Martellozzo, Federico; Reusser, Dominik E.; Kropp, Jürgen P.
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 927-938
- carbon footprint; climate change; emissions factor; empirical research; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; organic foods; pollution control; public services and goods; social cohesion; transportation; wastes; Europe
- ... There is a growing recognition that a transition to a sustainable low-carbon society is urgently needed. This transition takes place at multiple and complementary scales, including bottom-up approaches such as community-based initiatives (CBIs). However, empirical research on CBIs has focused until now on anecdotal evidence and little work has been done to quantitatively assess their impact in ter ...