Jump to Main Content
- Landholm, David M.; Holsten, Anne; Martellozzo, Federico; Reusser, Dominik E.; Kropp, Jürgen P.
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 927-938
- carbon footprint; climate change; emissions factor; empirical research; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; organic foods; pollution control; public services and goods; social cohesion; transportation; wastes; Europe
- ... There is a growing recognition that a transition to a sustainable low-carbon society is urgently needed. This transition takes place at multiple and complementary scales, including bottom-up approaches such as community-based initiatives (CBIs). However, empirical research on CBIs has focused until now on anecdotal evidence and little work has been done to quantitatively assess their impact in ter ...
- Afriyanti, Dian; Hein, Lars; Kroeze, Carolien; Zuhdi, Mohammad; Saad, Asmadi
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1201-1215
- Elaeis guineensis; business enterprises; carbon; drainage; fires; forests; greenhouse gas emissions; growers; land use change; national parks; oxidation; peat; peatlands; plantations; production technology; smoke; swamps; Indonesia
- ... In Indonesia, peatlands are still being converted into oil palm plantations. The associated fires and peat oxidation result in smoke and large carbon emissions. In the medium term, peatlands should be used for production systems that do not require (or require much less) drainage. In this context, this study aims to explore scenarios for the withdrawal of oil palm plantations from peatlands in Jam ...