Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jiayue; Xin, Liangjie; Wang, Yahui
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1023-1033
- agricultural land; arable soils; environmental Kuznets curve; forest growth; forest restoration; forests; issues and policy; models; urbanization; China
- ... This paper uses panel data to analyze whether a forest transition has occurred in China and to identify the driving forces behind forest growth in China. We used generalized method of moments (GMM) model to identify forest transition. Analyzing forest transition only at the national level neglects regional differences. The results show that there exists an environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) relatio ...
- Zhang, Lei; Jin, Gui; Wei, Xiaojian; Xie, Peng; Liu, Gege; Liu, Yanfang
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1175-1186
- forest land; forests; habitat fragmentation; issues and policy; land use change; land use planning; landscapes; residential areas; rivers; roads; shrinkage; China
- ... Measuring dynamic changes in forest fragmentation is essential for protecting natural resources as part of regional land use planning. We investigated spatiotemporal dynamics of patch and landscape characteristics of forest fragmentation in Liaoning, China, from 2000 to 2010 by multiscale analysis based on the neighbor rule and landscape metrics. Several policy recommendations were proposed to pre ...