Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Jiayue; Xin, Liangjie; Wang, Yahui
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1023-1033
- agricultural land; arable soils; environmental Kuznets curve; forest growth; forest restoration; forests; issues and policy; models; urbanization; China
- ... This paper uses panel data to analyze whether a forest transition has occurred in China and to identify the driving forces behind forest growth in China. We used generalized method of moments (GMM) model to identify forest transition. Analyzing forest transition only at the national level neglects regional differences. The results show that there exists an environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) relatio ...
- Baumbach, Lukas; Niamir, Aidin; Hickler, Thomas; Yousefpour, Rasoul
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1159-1174
- Abies alba; Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; climate change; climatic factors; drought; drought tolerance; economic valuation; financial economics; forest management; forests; geographical distribution; mixing; models; risk; trees; uncertainty; uncertainty analysis; Germany
- ... European beech (Fagus sylvatica) is a widespread deciduous tree in Europe, but may face significant distribution shifts due to expected increasing drought frequency under climate change. An alternative adaptation strategy for beech forests to improve drought tolerance and economic outcome consists in the admixtion of silver fir (Abies alba). To explore potentially suitable areas for mixing under f ...