Jump to Main Content
- Seijger, Chris; Hoang, Vo Thi Minh; van Halsema, Gerardo; Douven, Wim; Wyatt, Andrew
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1131-1145
- agribusiness; decision making; issues and policy; land use; livelihood; loans; models; planning; products and commodities; river deltas; water management
- ... A strategic delta plan can alter the course of delta management. Implementation of such a plan essentially involves a change of minds about delta management priorities and strategies for sustainable livelihoods. Such a change of minds, or “soft implementation”, must come before material, or “hard”, implementation can take off. To explore the influence of strategic delta plans in bringing about a c ...
- Wang, Jiayue; Xin, Liangjie; Wang, Yahui
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1023-1033
- agricultural land; arable soils; environmental Kuznets curve; forest growth; forest restoration; forests; issues and policy; models; urbanization; China
- ... This paper uses panel data to analyze whether a forest transition has occurred in China and to identify the driving forces behind forest growth in China. We used generalized method of moments (GMM) model to identify forest transition. Analyzing forest transition only at the national level neglects regional differences. The results show that there exists an environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) relatio ...