Jump to Main Content
- Torbjörn Jansson; Hans E. Andersen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Berit Hasler; Lisa Höglind; Hyungsik Choi
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.8 pp. 2465-2476
- Common Agricultural Policy; agricultural industry; agricultural land; basins; eutrophication; farms; fertilizer application; hydrology; issues and policy; land use; nitrogen; phosphorus; simulation models; Baltic Sea
- ... Agriculture is an important source of nitrogen and phosphorous loads to the Baltic Sea. We study how the European Union’s (EU) Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and in particular how its first pillar, containing most of the budget and the decoupled farm payments, affects eutrophication. To aid our study, we use three simulation models, covering the agricultural sector in the EU, a hydrological nut ...
- Marianne Zandersen; Kari Hyytiäinen; H. E. Markus Meier; Maciej T. Tomczak; Barbara Bauer; Päivi E. Haapasaari; Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Jens Christian Refsgaard; Erik Fridell; Sampo Pihlainen; Martin D. A. Le Tissier; Anna-Kaisa Kosenius; Detlef P. Van Vuuren
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...