Jump to Main Content
- David M. Landholm; Anne Holsten; Federico Martellozzo; Dominik E. Reusser; Jürgen P. Kropp
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 927-938
- carbon footprint; climate change; emissions factor; empirical research; energy; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; organic foods; pollution control; public services and goods; social cohesion; transportation; wastes; Europe
- ... There is a growing recognition that a transition to a sustainable low-carbon society is urgently needed. This transition takes place at multiple and complementary scales, including bottom-up approaches such as community-based initiatives (CBIs). However, empirical research on CBIs has focused until now on anecdotal evidence and little work has been done to quantitatively assess their impact in ter ...
- Federico Martellozzo; David M. Landholm; Anne Holsten
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 953-966
- anthropogenic activities; carbon; climate change; greenhouse gases; industry; issues and policy; lifestyle; Europe
- ... Anthropogenic activities are mainly responsible for the accelerated pace and magnitude of global environmental and climate change. Although several programs aiming at fuelling climate change mitigation have been adopted internationally in the last decades and localized improvements have been observed, the results expected by international institutions are regrettably still out of reach. Meanwhile, ...