Main content area
You searched for: Journal Regional environmental change Remove constraint Journal: Regional environmental change Publication year rev 7981-2019 Remove constraint Publication year rev: 7981-2019 Subject term Northern European region Remove constraint Subject term: Northern European region Text Availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text Availability: Citation in PubAg
3 Search Results
1. Shared socio-economic pathways extended for the Baltic Sea: exploring long-term environmental problems
- Marianne Zandersen; Kari Hyytiäinen; H. E. Markus Meier; Maciej T. Tomczak; Barbara Bauer; Päivi E. Haapasaari; Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Jens Christian Refsgaard; Erik Fridell; Sampo Pihlainen; Martin D. A. Le Tissier; Anna-Kaisa Kosenius; Detlef P. Van Vuuren
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...
2. Determining sectoral and regional sensitivity to climate and socio-economic change in Europe using impact response surfaces
- Stefan Fronzek; Timothy R. Carter; Nina Pirttioja; Rob Alkemade; Eric Audsley; Harald Bugmann; Martina Flörke; Ian Holman; Yasushi Honda; Akihiko Ito; Victoria Janes-Bassett; Valentine Lafond; Rik Leemans; Marc Mokrech; Sarahi Nunez; Daniel Sandars; Rebecca Snell; Kiyoshi Takahashi; Akemi Tanaka; Florian Wimmer; Minoru Yoshikawa
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.3 pp. 679-693
- Picea abies; Pinus sylvestris; Quercus ilex; agricultural land; biodiversity; climatic factors; corn; crop yield; crops; floods; forestry; forests; land use; models; mortality; river flow; socioeconomic factors; temperature; trees; Baltic States; Central European region; Eastern European region; Finland; Ireland; Northern European region; Southern European region; Spain
- ... Responses to future changes in climatic and socio-economic conditions can be expected to vary between sectors and regions, reflecting differential sensitivity to these highly uncertain factors. A sensitivity analysis was conducted using a suite of impact models (for health, agriculture, biodiversity, land use, floods and forestry) across Europe with respect to changes in key climate and socio-econ ...
3. Understanding high-end climate change: from impacts to co-creating integrated and transformative solutions
- Paula A. Harrison; Jill Jäger; Niki Frantzeskaki; Pam Berry
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.3 pp. 621-627
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; air temperature; case studies; climate; climate change; decision making; flood damage; forests; governance; greenhouse gas emissions; heat stress; lifestyle; models; resource management; socioeconomics; stakeholders; water shortages; Central Asia; Eastern European region; Hungary; Iberian Peninsula; Northern European region; Scotland; Southern European region
- ... The world is not yet on track to meet the Paris Agreement climate change target of keeping global average temperature rise within 2 °C above pre-industrial levels. Current greenhouse gas emission trends point to much more substantial warming, with possible increases of 4 °C or more in the long-term. This Special Issue describes findings from the IMPRESSIONS project which advanced the understanding ...