Jump to Main Content
- Jansson, Torbjörn; Andersen, Hans E.; Gustafsson, Bo G.; Hasler, Berit; Höglind, Lisa; Choi, Hyungsik
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.8 pp. 2465-2476
- Common Agricultural Policy; agricultural industry; agricultural land; basins; eutrophication; farms; fertilizer application; hydrology; issues and policy; land use; nitrogen; phosphorus; simulation models; Baltic Sea
- ... Agriculture is an important source of nitrogen and phosphorous loads to the Baltic Sea. We study how the European Union’s (EU) Common Agricultural Policy (CAP), and in particular how its first pillar, containing most of the budget and the decoupled farm payments, affects eutrophication. To aid our study, we use three simulation models, covering the agricultural sector in the EU, a hydrological nut ...
- Kutta, Evan; Hubbart, Jason A.
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1087-1099
- agricultural industry; climate; climate change; crop yield; data collection; energy; farm area; farms; field crops; food deserts; growing season; human health; socioeconomic status; temperature; variance; water supply; Appalachian region; West Virginia
- ... Increasing variability in temperature and precipitation patterns is reducing the security of natural resources including food, water, and energy in many locations globally. Changes in climate are particularly relevant to the agricultural sector, given the increasing demand for food, less predictable water supplies, and more expensive energy. Among these challenges, however, are opportunities to im ...