Jump to Main Content
- Papadimitriou, Lamprini; Trnka, Miroslav; Harrison, Paula; Holman, Ian
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.8 pp. 2453-2464
- arable soils; biodiversity; climate; climate change; forestry; issues and policy; land use; livestock farming; models; socioeconomics; water shortages; Czech Republic
- ... Assessing the combined impacts of future climate and socio-economic change at the country level is vital for supporting national adaptation policies. Here, we use a novel modelling approach to study the systemic impacts of climate and socio-economic changes on the Czech Republic, taking account of cross-sectoral interactions between agriculture, water, forestry, land-use and biodiversity, and, for ...
- Wang, Jiayue; Xin, Liangjie; Wang, Yahui
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1023-1033
- agricultural land; arable soils; environmental Kuznets curve; forest growth; forest restoration; forests; issues and policy; models; urbanization; China
- ... This paper uses panel data to analyze whether a forest transition has occurred in China and to identify the driving forces behind forest growth in China. We used generalized method of moments (GMM) model to identify forest transition. Analyzing forest transition only at the national level neglects regional differences. The results show that there exists an environmental Kuznets curve (EKC) relatio ...