Jump to Main Content
- Marianne Zandersen; Kari Hyytiäinen; H. E. Markus Meier; Maciej T. Tomczak; Barbara Bauer; Päivi E. Haapasaari; Jørgen Eivind Olesen; Bo G. Gustafsson; Jens Christian Refsgaard; Erik Fridell; Sampo Pihlainen; Martin D. A. Le Tissier; Anna-Kaisa Kosenius; Detlef P. Van Vuuren
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 1073-1086
- atmospheric deposition; climate; climate change; ecosystems; fisheries; human development; land use change; pollution; pollution control; shipping; socioeconomics; wastewater treatment; Baltic Sea; Northern European region
- ... Long-term scenario analyses can be powerful tools to explore plausible futures of human development under changing environmental, social, and economic conditions and to evaluate implications of different approaches to reduce pollution and resource overuse. Vulnerable ecosystems like the Baltic Sea in North-Eastern Europe tend to be under pressure from multiple, interacting anthropogenic drivers bo ...
- Paula A. Harrison; Jill Jäger; Niki Frantzeskaki; Pam Berry
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.3 pp. 621-627
- United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change; air temperature; case studies; climate; climate change; decision making; flood damage; forests; governance; greenhouse gas emissions; heat stress; lifestyle; models; resource management; socioeconomics; stakeholders; water shortages; Central Asia; Eastern European region; Hungary; Iberian Peninsula; Northern European region; Scotland; Southern European region
- ... The world is not yet on track to meet the Paris Agreement climate change target of keeping global average temperature rise within 2 °C above pre-industrial levels. Current greenhouse gas emission trends point to much more substantial warming, with possible increases of 4 °C or more in the long-term. This Special Issue describes findings from the IMPRESSIONS project which advanced the understanding ...