Jump to Main Content
- Filippo Celata; Venere Stefania Sanna
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 939-952
- community gardens; cooperatives; economic impact; energy; environmental impact; human capital; local food systems; purchasing; recycling; social capital; social impact; Europe
- ... The contribution of community-based initiatives towards sustainability transitions is of growing interest. However, systematic, quantitative, and comparative assessments of their potential impact across different environmental, social, and economic dimensions are scarce. In this paper, we present a multi-dimensional assessment of 37 initiatives grouped in the following typologies: community garden ...
- Filippo Celata; Raffaella Coletti
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 983-993
- energy; politics; public policy; recycling; surveys; wastes; Finland; Southern European region; United Kingdom
- ... This paper explores the role public policies have or may have in favoring or disfavoring the emergence, development, and diffusion of community-based sustainability initiatives. To this end, it presents evidence collected through a survey of 63 initiatives operating in six city-regions in Europe and across various domains of active citizenship: alternative food networks, community energy, sustaina ...