Jump to Main Content
- Sofiene Tlili; Catherine Mouneyrac
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.4 pp. 995-1007
- aquatic organisms; beaches; bioaccumulation; biomarkers; clams; drugs; ecotoxicology; environmental assessment; environmental monitoring; global change; indicator species; marine ecosystems; nanoplastics; physiology; surveys; Mediterranean region
- ... The wedge clam Donax trunculus is commonly used in environmental monitoring studies as sentinel species for the biomonitoring of sandy beaches in Mediterranean areas. Taking in account the combined effects of chemical stressors and global changes in marine organisms, research efforts in ecotoxicology should be up-to-date for a more relevant and integrative monitoring studies. In the same context, ...
- Ülo Niinemets; Anne Kahru; Peeter Nõges; Arvo Tuvikene; Anti Vasemägi; Ülo Mander; Tiina Nõges
- Regional environmental change 2017 v.17 no.7 pp. 2079-2096
- aquatic ecosystems; aquatic organisms; bioavailability; biodegradation; carbon; carbon sequestration; climate change; environmental factors; eutrophication; greenhouse gases; hydrochemistry; ice; lakes; models; organic matter; pollutants; primary productivity; probability; sediments; temperature; water table; Arctic region
- ... Globally increasing temperature and modifications in precipitation patterns induce major environmental alterations in aquatic ecosystems. Particularly profound changes are predicted for arctic to temperate shallow lakes where modifications in temperature affect the distribution of ice and ice-free periods, thereby altering the timing of peak productivity, while changes in precipitation strongly al ...