Jump to Main Content
- Raghunathan, Nima; François, Louis; Dury, Marie; Hambuckers, Alain
- Regional environmental change 2019 v.19 no.1 pp. 219-232
- Leontopithecus chrysomelas, etc ; General Circulation Models; biosphere; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; climate; climate change; ecosystems; forests; indigenous species; niches; phenology; risk; trees; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... Climate change is a threat to natural ecosystems. To evaluate this threat and, where possible, respond, it is useful to understand the potential impacts climate change could have on species’ distributions, phenology, and productivity. Here, we compare future-scenario outcomes between a dynamic vegetation model (DVM; CARbon Assimilation In the Biosphere (CARAIB)) and an ecological niche-based model ...
- Raghunathan, Nima; François, Louis; Huynen, Marie-Claude; Oliveira, Leonardo C.; Hambuckers, Alain
- Regional environmental change 2015 v.15 no.4 pp. 683-693
- Leontopithecus chrysomelas, etc ; Leontopithecus rosalia; climate change; climate models; ecosystems; endangered species; habitat conservation; plant available water; savannas; temperature; trees; tropical rain forests; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... We used three IPCC climate change scenarios (A1B, A2 and B1) in a dynamic vegetation model (CARAIB), to determine the potential future distribution of 75 tree species used by two endemic primate species from the Brazilian Atlantic Forest (BAF). Habitat conservation is a vital part of strategies to protect endangered species, and this is a new approach to understanding how key plant species needed ...