Jump to Main Content
- Du, Jinyang; Kimball, John S.; Galantowicz, John; Kim, Seung-Bum; Chan, Steven K.; Reichle, Rolf; Jones, Lucas A.; Watts, Jennifer D.
- Remote sensing of environment 2018 v.213 pp. 1-17
- vegetation cover, etc ; Landsat; algorithms; data collection; land cover; monitoring; remote sensing; risk; river flow; soil water; surface water; temperature; uncertainty analysis; watersheds; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... A method to assess global land surface water (fw) inundation dynamics was developed by exploiting the enhanced fw sensitivity of L-band (1.4 GHz) passive microwave observations from the Soil Moisture Active Passive (SMAP) mission. The L-band fw (fwLBand) retrievals were derived using SMAP H-polarization brightness temperature (Tb) observations and predefined L-band reference microwave emissivities ...
- Baumann, Matthias; Levers, Christian; Macchi, Leandro; Bluhm, Hendrik; Waske, Björn; Gasparri, Nestor Ignacio; Kuemmerle, Tobias
- Remote sensing of environment 2018 v.216 pp. 201-211
- vegetation cover, etc ; Landsat; South Americans; agricultural land; biodiversity; canopy; data collection; dry forests; ecosystem services; ecosystems; edge effects; land use change; models; railroads; ranching; regression analysis; remote sensing; roads; savannas; shrubs; synthetic aperture radar; trees; woodlands; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Tropical dry forests and savannas provide important ecosystem services and harbor high biodiversity, yet are globally under pressure from land-use change. Mapping changes in the condition of dry forests and savannas is therefore critical. This can be challenging given that these ecosystems are characterized by continuous gradients of tree and shrub cover, resulting in considerable structural compl ...