Jump to Main Content
- Yamazaki, Dai; Trigg, Mark A.; Ikeshima, Daiki
- Remote sensing of environment 2015 v.171 pp. 337-351
- algorithms, etc ; Landsat; biogeochemistry; climate; databases; floodplains; ice; lakes; remote sensing; rivers; shorelines; snow; surface water; surveys; Japan; United States; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This paper describes the development of a Global 3arc-second Water Body Map (G3WBM), using an automated algorithm to process multi-temporal Landsat images from the Global Land Survey (GLS) database. We used 33,890 scenes from 4 GLS epochs in order to delineate a seamless water body map, without cloud and ice/snow gaps. Permanent water bodies were distinguished from temporal water-covered areas by ...
- Oyama, Yoichi; Matsushita, Bunkei; Fukushima, Takehiko
- Remote sensing of environment 2015 v.157 pp. 35-47
- algorithms, etc ; Landsat; algae; chlorophyll; lakes; macrophytes; normalized difference vegetation index; reflectance; remote sensing; spectral analysis; surveys; temporal variation; wavelengths; Indonesia; Japan; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Satellite remote sensing can be considered a suitable approach to monitor the extent of cyanobacterial blooms compared with conventional ship surveys because of the patchiness and high spatial and temporal variability of the blooms. However, most of the existing algorithms are not capable of distinguishing cyanobacterial blooms and aquatic macrophytes due to their similar spectral characteristics ...