Jump to Main Content
- Dogliotti, A.I.; Ruddick, K.G.; Nechad, B.; Doxaran, D.; Knaeps, E.
- Remote sensing of environment 2015 v.156 pp. 157-168
- algorithms, etc ; brackish water; coastal water; color; databases; estuaries; particulates; radiative transfer; reflectance; remote sensing; sediments; suspended sediment; turbidity; uncertainty; French Guiana; North Sea; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Ocean color remote sensing has been shown to be a useful tool to map turbidity (T) and suspended particulate matter (SPM) concentration in turbid coastal waters. Different algorithms to retrieve T and/or SPM from water reflectance already exist, however there are important questions as to whether these algorithms need to be calibrated specifically for different regions. In the present work the pot ...
- Vanhellemont, Quinten; Ruddick, Kevin
- Remote sensing of environment 2015 v.161 pp. 89-106
- algorithms, etc ; Landsat; aerosols; brackish water; color; dredging; models; moderate resolution imaging spectroradiometer; monitoring; reflectance; remote sensing; suspended sediment; temporal variation; turbidity; uncertainty; water quality; wavelengths; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Monitoring of water quality by satellite ocean colour data requires high quality atmospheric correction and especially the accurate quantification of the aerosol contribution to the top of atmosphere radiance. Several methods have been proposed for atmospheric correction over turbid waters, including modelling the marine contributions to the NIR signal or switching to longer short-wave infrared (S ...