Jump to Main Content
- Kefauver, Shawn C.; Peñuelas, Josep; Ustin, Susan
- Remote sensing of environment 2013 v.139 pp. 138-148
- Pinus jeffreyi; Pinus ponderosa; Pinus uncinata; conifers; geographic information systems; hyperspectral imagery; image analysis; indicator species; monitoring; multivariate analysis; ozone; plant-water relations; reflectance; regression analysis; remote sensing; spectroscopy; vegetation index; California; Sierra Nevada (California); Spain
- ... The capacity to remotely identify impacts of ozone on conifers in California, USA and Catalonia, Spain was investigated using remote sensing and terrain-driven GIS analyses related to plant water relations and ozone uptake. The Ozone Injury Index (OII) field metric applied to Pinus ponderosa and Pinus jeffreyi in the USA and adapted to Pinus uncinata in Spain included visible chlorotic mottling, n ...
- Marti-Cardona, Belen; Dolz-Ripolles, Josep; Lopez-Martinez, Carlos
- Remote sensing of environment 2013 v.139 pp. 171-184
- algorithms; angle of incidence; climate change; digital elevation models; ecosystems; environmental health; hydrologic cycle; monitoring; remote sensing; seeds; spatial data; summer; temporal variation; vegetation; water resources; wetlands; winter; Spain
- ... Wetlands are among the most ecologically important ecosystems on Earth and their sustainability depends critically on the water resources. In a scenario of climate change and increased anthropogenic pressure, detailed monitoring of the water resources provides a fundamental tool to assess the ecosystem health and identify potential threats.Doñana wetlands, in Southwest Spain, dry out every summer ...