Jump to Main Content
- Main-Knorn, Magdalena; Cohen, Warren B.; Kennedy, Robert E.; Grodzki, Wojciech; Pflugmacher, Dirk; Griffiths, Patrick; Hostert, Patrick
- Remote sensing of environment 2013 v.139 pp. 277-290
- Landsat; aboveground biomass; algorithms; carbon; carbon sequestration; carbon sinks; climate; climate change; coniferous forests; forest stands; insects; monitoring; remote sensing; time series analysis; Carpathian region
- ... Forest biomass is a major store of carbon and thus plays an important role in the regional and global carbon cycle. Accurate forest carbon sequestration assessment requires estimation of both forest biomass and forest biomass dynamics over time. Forest dynamics are characterized by disturbances and recovery, key processes affecting site productivity and the forest carbon cycle. Thus, spatially and ...
- Solberg, Svein; Astrup, Rasmus; Breidenbach, Johannes; Nilsen, Barbi; Weydahl, Dan
- Remote sensing of environment 2013 v.139 pp. 60-67
- aboveground biomass; canopy; carbon; forests; global positioning systems; monitoring; remote sensing; statistical models; Norway
- ... There is a need for monitoring methods for forest volume, biomass and carbon based on satellite remote sensing. In the present study we tested interferometric X-band SAR (InSAR) from the Tandem-X mission. The aim of the study was to describe how accurate volume and biomass could be estimated from InSAR height and test whether the relationships were curvilinear or not. The study area was a spruce d ...