Jump to Main Content
- Bryant, R.; Qi, J.; Moran, M.S.; Ni, W.
- Remote sensing of environment 2003 v.88 no.3 pp. 221
- image analysis; reflectance; prediction; model validation; fuzzy logic; remote sensing; cotton; corn; plant density; precision agriculture; Texas; California
- ... With the advances in computing and imaging technology, the field of precision agriculture is rapidly becoming a practical means for farm management. An important step in the delivery of highly accurate images for farm managers is the within-image correction for viewing geometry effects. Reflected light on an imaging sensor is influenced by properties of view zenith angle, solar zenith angle, and r ...
- Turner, David P.; Ritts, William D.; Cohen, Warren B.; Gower, Stith T.; Zhao, Maosheng; Running, Steve W.; Wofsy, Steven C.; Urbanski, Shawn; Dunn, Allison L.; Munger, J.W.
- Remote sensing of environment 2003 v.88 no.3 pp. 256
- boreal forests; deciduous forests; hardwood forests; landscapes; primary productivity; Landsat; remote sensing; image analysis; solar radiation; spatial distribution; vegetation cover; leaf area index; meteorological data; models; algorithms; Manitoba; Massachusetts
- ... The Moderate Resolution Imaging Radiometer (MODIS) is the primary instrument in the NASA Earth Observing System for monitoring the seasonality of global terrestrial vegetation. Estimates of 8-day mean daily gross primary production (GPP) at the 1 km spatial resolution are now operationally produced by the MODIS Land Science Team for the global terrestrial surface using a production efficiency appr ...