Jump to Main Content
- Broge, N.H.; Leblanc, E.
- Remote sensing of environment 2001 v.76 no.2 pp. 156
- vegetation cover; vegetation structure; hyperspectral imagery; image analysis; leaf area index; reflectance; data analysis; canopy; chlorophyll; density; mathematical models; equations; simulation models; soil; atmosphere; environmental factors; prediction; estimation
- ... Hyperspectral reflectance data representing a wide range of canopies were simulated using the combined PROSPECT+SAIL model. The simulations were used to study the stability of recently proposed vegetation indices (VIs) derived from adjacent narrowband spectral reflectance data across the visible (VIS) and near infrared (NIR) region of the electromagnetic spectrum. The prediction power of these ind ...
- Oetter, Doug R.; Cohen, Warren B.; Berterretche, Mercedes; Maiersperger, Thomas K.; Kennedy, Robert E.
- Remote sensing of environment 2001 v.76 no.2 pp. 139
- agricultural land; forests; land use; vegetation cover; Landsat; remote sensing; thematic maps; image analysis; radiometry; Oregon
- ... A multiseasonal Landsat Thematic Mapper (TM) data set consisting of five image dates from a single year was used to characterize agricultural and related land cover in the Willamette River Basin (WRB) of western Oregon. Image registration was accomplished using an automated ground control point selection program. Radiometric normalization was performed using a semiautomated approach based on the i ...