Jump to Main Content
- Idso, S.B.; Hatfield, J.L.; Jackson, R.D.; Reginato, R.J.
- Remote sensing of environment 1979 v.8 no.3 pp. 267
- air temperature; climatic factors; crops; cultivars; grain yield; growing season; heading; models; phenology; plant stress; planting date; prediction; solar radiation; water stress; wheat; Arizona; California
- ... Combination of the stress-degree-day concept of plant water stress assessment with the growing degree-day concept of plant phenological development leads to a new approach to the prediction of grain crop yields that accounts for climatic effects of light, temperature, and water. The model requires knowledge of the dates of plant emergence and heading, maximum and minimum air temperatures through t ...
- Tucker, C.J.; Elgin, J.H. Jr.; McMurtrey, J.E. III.; Fan, C.J.
- Remote sensing of environment 1979 v.8 no.3 pp. 237
- Zea mays; Glycine max; plant growth; crop production; spectral analysis; infrared radiation; radiometry; growth and development; canopy; monitoring; remote sensing; portable equipment
- ... Red and photographic infrared data were collected with a hand-held radiometer under a variety of conditions at 4- to 12-day intervals throughout the growing season and were used to monitor corn and soybean growth and development. The normalized difference transformation was used to effectively compensate for the variation in irradiational conditions. With these data, plotted against time, green-le ...