Jump to Main Content
- Schefer, L., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2018 v.30 no.1 pp. 225-226
- analysis of variance; cattle; computer software; fluorescence; fluorescence microscopy; follicle-stimulating hormone; lipid content; lipid metabolism; meiosis; melatonin; metaphase; oocytes; t-test
- ... Melatonin (MLT) may have positive effects on oocyte nuclear maturation and may influence their lipid metabolism. The aim of this study was to assess the effect of MLT on nuclear maturation and lipid content inbovine oocytes during in vitro maturation (IVM). Cumulus-oocyte complexes (30-35/group) were submitted to IVM in TCM-199 supplemented with 3mgmL-1 BSA (negative control; NC) or with added hor ...
- Schefer, L., et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2018 v.30 no.1 pp. 226-227
- RNA; actin; analysis of variance; animal reproduction; anti-inflammatory activity; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; apoptosis; carbon dioxide; cattle; complementary DNA; embryogenesis; follicle-stimulating hormone; gene expression; genes; gentamicin; in vitro culture; luteinizing hormone; melatonin; oocytes; oxidative stress; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcription; slaughterhouses; sodium bicarbonate; sodium pyruvate
- ... Melatonin mediates several processes in animal reproduction and has drawn attention for its potent antioxidant, anti-apoptotic, anti-inflammatory action and, more recently, for its benefits on oocyte maturation and embryo development in vitro. The aim of this study was to assess the effect of melatonin during the in vitro maturation (IVM) on nuclear maturation of bovine oocytes and gene expression ...