Jump to Main Content
- Kikuchi, K., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2016 v.28 no.2 pp. 153-154
- analysis of variance; blastocyst; cattle; cytoplasm; droplets; embryogenesis; gilts; hatching; in vitro fertilization; lipid metabolism; metaphase; oocytes; survival rate; t-test; vitrification; zygote
- ... The extreme cryo-sensitivity of porcine oocytes and embryos is attributed to their endemically high content of cytoplasmic lipid droplets. In attempts to improve the cryo-tolerance of porcine embryos, various strategies have been used to reduce the amount of lipid droplets present in the cytoplasm before vitrification. Recently, the cryo-tolerance of bovine oocytes vitrified at the metaphase II st ...
- Kikuchi, K., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Reproduction, fertility, and development 2019 v.31 no.1 pp. 144
- analysis of variance; apoptosis; blastocyst; carbon dioxide; cathepsin B; cattle; cyclic AMP; epidermal growth factor; equine chorionic gonadotropin; germinal vesicle; human chorionic gonadotropin; immatures; multiple comparison test; oils; oocyte vitrification; oxygen; reproduction; survival rate; swine; vitrification; zygote
- ... Previous studies reported the activation of the apoptotic cascade by vitrification in mature porcine oocytes (Vallorani et al. 2012 Anim. Reprod. Sci. 135, 68-74) and that the cathepsin B inhibitor E-64 improved developmental competence of bovine oocytes via an antiapoptotic effect (Balboula et al. 2013 Reproduction 146, 407-417). The present study was carried out to test whether E-64 affected the ...