Jump to Main Content
- Andrade, GM; Meirelles, FV; Perecin, F; da Silveira, JC
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 1036-1045
- autocrine signaling; bioinformatics; biomarkers; cattle; culture media; follicular fluid; gene expression regulation; granulosa cells; microRNA; mitogen-activated protein kinase; oocytes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; signal transduction
- ... The ovarian follicle components must provide an ideal environment to ensure the success of reproductive processes, and communication between follicular cells is crucial to support proper oocyte growth. Recently, it has been demonstrated that the presence of extracellular vesicles (EVs) carrying microRNAs (miRNAs) in follicular fluid represents an important autocrine and paracrine communication mec ...
- Lopes, AC; Palhão, MP; Fernandes, CAC; Sudano, MJ; Castilho, ACS; Caixeta, ES
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 1067-1073
- Holstein; bioavailability; dairy cows; economic sustainability; gene expression regulation; genotype; messenger RNA; oocytes; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; somatomedins; zebu
- ... It has been evident the improvement of in vitro embryo production (IVEP) in dairy cows. Nevertheless, it is known that differences in the number and quality of oocytes between taurine and zebu females impact the efficiency and economic viability of IVEP. As the insulin‐like growth factor (IGF) system is related to follicular and oocyte development, we aimed to quantify mRNA abundance of IGF system ...