Jump to Main Content
- Ribeiro, DC; Chagas, JMA; Bashiyo‐Silva, C; Costa, RS; Veríssimo‐Silveira, R; Ninhaus‐Silveira, A
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 932-938
- Prochilodus lineatus; Salmonidae; calcium; eggs; lactic acid; oocytes; sodium chloride; storage time; temperature; viability
- ... This study aimed to evaluate the effect of five salt solutions in the maintenance of morphological features of cortical alveolus, hydration and fertilization capacity of Prochilodus lineatus oocytes. For this purpose, five saline solutions were tested: Ringer's solution, Ringer's lactate solution, Hank's balanced salt solution (HBSS), Hank's balanced salt solution without calcium (HBSS without cal ...
- Aquino‐Cortez, A; Pinheiro, BQ; Silva, HVR; Lima, DBC; Silva, TFP; Souza, MB; Viana, DA; Xavier Júnior, FAF; Evangelista, JSAM; Brandão, FZ; Silva, LDM
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 998-1003
- acid phosphatase; albumins; alkaline phosphatase; biomarkers; blood sampling; blood serum; calcium; chlorides; cholesterol; dogs; glucose; hemoglobin; magnesium; osmolality; pH; phosphorus; sperm motility; sperm quality; testosterone; triacylglycerols; viability; vigor
- ... Prostatomegaly is a common finding in older non‐neutered dogs. This study compared the serum testosterone, sperm quality and characteristics of the prostatic fraction between healthy dogs and dogs with prostatomegaly. Blood samples of ten dogs (five dogs from each group) were taken for serum testosterone measurement. Sperm motility, vigour, concentration, viability, membrane functionality and morp ...