Jump to Main Content
- Rahmatzadeh, M; Kohram, H; Zare Shahneh, A; Seifi‐Jamadi, A; Ahmad, E
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 985-991
- antioxidant activity; bucks; butylated hydroxyanisole; cryoprotectants; dimethyl sulfoxide; freeze-thaw cycles; freezing; glycerol; goats; semen; soybeans; sperm quality; thawing; viability
- ... The aim of this study was to evaluate the effects of butylated hydroxyanisole (0 or 4 mM) along with different concentrations (5 or 7%) of glycerol (G) and dimethyl sulphoxide (DMSO) as cryoprotectant (CPAs) on freezability of goat semen. Semen was collected from four bucks (3–4 years) twice a week for five weeks. The pooled ejaculates were diluted with extender containing two different concentrat ...
- Ansari, MS; Rakha, BA; Akhter, S
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.6 pp. 992-997
- Bubalus bubalis; DNA; adults; artificial insemination; buffaloes; bulls; cryopreservation; egg yolk; freeze-thaw cycles; in vivo studies; plasma membrane; semen; semen extenders; spermatozoa; thawing; viability
- ... The study was designed to evaluate AndroMed® for the freezability and fertility of Nili‐Ravi buffalo semen. Semen was collected from four adult Nili‐Ravi buffalo (Bubalus bubalis) bulls for 3 weeks (replicate). Semen ejaculates from each buffalo bull were divided into three aliquots. One aliquot was used for evaluation of motility, plasma membrane integrity, livability, viability, DNA integrity an ...