Jump to Main Content
- Lopes, TP; Bolarín, A; Martínez, EA; Roca, J
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 Suppl S4 pp. 75-77
- piglets, etc ; estrus; follicular development; lactation; liquids; litter size; ovarian follicles; semen; sows; spermatozoa; weaning; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The study aimed to assess whether altrenogest treatment, fed before weaning (from −8 to −2 days), could improve fertility of sows showing reproductive seasonality. Ninety sows (50 in winter–spring [WS] and 40 in summer–autumn [SA]) were randomly selected and assigned to control (C; 27 in WS and 20 in SA) or altrenogest treatment (A; 23 in WS and 20 in SA) groups. The diameter and number of ovarian ...
- Almeida, FRCL; Alvarenga Dias, ALN; Moreira, LP; Fiúza, ATL; Chiarini‐Garcia, H
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2017 v.52 no.5 pp. 756-762
- piglets, etc ; carcass quality; cortex; follicular atresia; gilts; growth performance; low birth weight; muscles; ovarian follicles; rearing; reproductive performance; sows; weaning; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... In the last decades, selection for improved prolificacy has resulted in higher litter sizes and has thereby increased the proportion of low birthweight (LW) piglets. It is well documented that LW piglets have lower growth performance, muscle accretion and poor carcass quality. However, little is known about the relations of birthweight with subsequent reproductive performance in gilts. This study ...