Jump to Main Content
- Niżański, W; Partyka, A; Prochowska, S
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 Suppl S1 pp. 37-45
- acrosome reaction; breeding programs; conception; decision making; diagnostic techniques; epigenetics; flow cytometry; genomics; hyaluronic acid; in vitro fertilization; insemination; male fertility; males; medicine; oocytes; proteomics; semen; spermatozoa; therapeutics; transcriptomics; zona pellucida
- ... Conventional microscopic semen analysis does not provide precise information on the fertilizing potential of a male. The traditional basis for semen evaluation is that male fertility is dependent on production of a “proper” concentration/number of motile, morphologically normal spermatozoa in excess to achieve conception. Many independent studies, especially in human medicine, have demonstrated th ...
- Lévy, X
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 Suppl S1 pp. 31-36
- assisted reproductive technologies; catheters; cell biology; colposcopy; congenital abnormalities; dogs; estrous cycle; females; freeze-thaw cycles; insemination; neoplasms; progesterone; semen; ureter; vaginal mucosa
- ... Endoscopy enables a rapid and non‐traumatic examination of the vaginal cavity of female dogs. Its implementation requires specific equipment as well as knowledge about the species‐specific vaginal anatomy and the procedure. Vaginoscopy is the diagnostic tool of choice for several vaginal conditions and diseases such as congenital abnormalities, neoplasia or ectopic ureter. Furthermore, vaginal ins ...