Jump to Main Content
- Sato, M; Kagoshima, A; Saitoh, I; Inada, E; Miyoshi, K; Ohtsuka, M; Nakamura, S; Sakurai, T; Watanabe, S
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2015 v.50 no.5 pp. 872-880
- piglets, etc ; epitopes; loci; xenotransplantation; clones; homologous recombination; gene targeting; transfection; fibroblasts; exons; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The CRISPR/Cas9 system has enabled the editing of mammalian genomes; however, its applicability and efficiency in the pig genome has not been studied in depth. The α‐gal epitope synthesized by α‐1,3‐galactosyltransferase gene (GGTA1) is known as a xenoantigen obtained upon pig‐to‐human xenotransplantation. We here employed the CRISPR/Cas9 system‐mediated knock‐in of endogenous GGTA1 via targeted h ...
- Hadaš, Z; Čechová, M; Nevrkla, P
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2015 v.50 no.1 pp. 17-22
- piglets, etc ; Large White; conjugated linoleic acid; diet; estrus; farrowing; growth performance; hybrids; lactation; landraces; monitoring; rearing; sows; weaning; Show all 14 Subjects
- ... The aim of this work was to evaluate the effect of supplementing the feed ration for lactating sows with the conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) on the growth performance and losses of piglets from birth to weaning. The monitoring comprised 20 litters in control and 20 litters in experimental group of Czech Large White × Czech Landrace hybrid combination sows. The control group was given a standard fee ...