Jump to Main Content
- van Leeuwen, JJJ; Verhoeven, M; van der Heden‐van Noort, I; Kranenbarg, S; Kemp, B; Soede, NM
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2012 v.47 no.4 pp. 530-536
- piglets, etc ; follicular development; litter size; ovulation; reproductive performance; sows; survival rate; weaning; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... This study used split‐weaning (SW) to induce differences in follicle size at weaning and study its consequences for follicle development during and after post‐weaning altrenogest feeding and for reproductive performance. Multiparous sows (n = 47) were assigned to SW (n = 23; litter size reduced to the six smallest piglets 3 days before weaning) or control (C; n = 24; normal weaning). Altrenogest ( ...
- Kemp, B; Soede, NM
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2012 v.47 Suppl s5 pp. 51-57
- piglets, etc ; crushing; early lactation; estrus; farrowing; farrowing rate; feed intake; group housing; litter size; loose housing; mortality; pregnancy; reproductive performance; risk; sows; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... In Europe, housing conditions of sows are currently changing, related with a larger emphasis on pig welfare. As a result, sows are and will be less kept in crates, but more so in loose housing systems (farrowing, lactation) and group housing systems (pregnancy, lactation, weaning‐to‐oestrus interval). These changes in housing conditions may affect reproductive functioning of the sows. Group housin ...