Jump to Main Content
- Smith, KC; Brown, PJ; Barr, FJ
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2012 v.47 no.5 pp. 740-745
- abnormal development; adults; autumn; breeding soundness; congenital abnormalities; cryptorchidism; epididymis; ewes; flocks; hernia; hoggets; lambs; parturition; rams; scrotum; slaughterhouses; surveys; testes; England
- ... Congenital abnormalities of the reproductive tract of male sheep were surveyed at three abattoirs in the south west of England during the period June 2000–January 2004. A total of 7307 rams were examined [6521 lambs (prepubescent) and hoggets (aged from their first autumn after birth until first shorn) and 786 adult rams mature rams that had been exposed to ewes]. A total of 156 congenital lesions ...
- Beccaglia, M.; Alonge, S.; Trovo’, C.; Luvoni, G. C.
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2016 v.51 Suppl S1 pp. 12-17
- bitches; breeding; cats; heart rate; medicine; neonates; ovulation; parturition; pets; prediction; pregnancy; radiography; radiology; small animal practice; surgery; ultrasonography; England
- ... Accurate prediction of delivery date in canine and feline allows a better management of parturition, reducing the loss of neonates. This review evaluates the most common methods adopted to accurately predict the day of delivery: determination of ovulation and hormonal assays, first appearance of embryonic/foetal structures using ultrasound or radiography, echographic measurement of extra‐foetal an ...