Jump to Main Content
- Maside, Carolina, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2019 v.54 Suppl S4 pp. 72-77
- antioxidants; blastocyst; coenzyme Q10; culture media; embryo culture; embryogenesis; mitochondria; oocytes; oxidative stress; swine
- ... The coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10) is a potent antioxidant with critical protection role against cell oxidative stress, caused by the mitochondrial dysfunction. This study evaluated the effects of CoQ10 supplementation to in vitro maturation (IVM) or embryo culture media on the maturation, fertilization and subsequent embryonic development of pig oocytes and embryos. Maturation (Experiment 1) or embryo cult ...
- Maside, Carolina, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Reproduction in domestic animals 2019 v.54 Suppl S4 pp. 4-13
- embryo (animal); embryo transfer; swine; swine production
- ... Commercial embryo transfer (ET) has unprecedented productive and economic implications for the pig sector. However, pig ET has been considered utopian for decades mainly because of the requirements of surgical techniques for embryo collection and embryo deposition into recipients, alongside challenges to preserve embryos. This situation has drastically changed in the last decade since the current ...