Jump to Main Content
- Montanholi, Y.R.; Fontoura, A.B.P.; Diel de Amorim, M.; Foster, R.A.; Chenier, T.; Miller, S.P.
- Reproductive Biology 2016 v.16 no.2 pp. 147-156
- acrosin, etc ; beef bulls; biometry; body composition; body size; carcass composition; cathepsin D; correlation; epididymis; feed conversion; osteopontin; proteomics; scrotum; seminal plasma; seminal plasma proteins; seminiferous tubules; sexual maturity; spermatozoa; temperature; thermography; ultrasonography; yearlings; Show all 22 Subjects
- ... Fertility-associated proteins (FAP) found in seminal plasma indicate sexual maturity, which appears to be influenced by feed efficiency in cattle. This study characterized FAP via proteomics and verified associations of these proteins with feed efficiency, body composition and fertility-related measures in yearling beef bulls. Assessments including testicular ultrasonography, infrared thermography ...
- Xu, Fang; Zhu, Hailun; Zhu, Wenbing; Fan, Liqing
- Reproductive Biology 2018 v.18 no.4 pp. 344-354
- acrosin, etc ; acrosome; acrosome reaction; calcium ionophores; cohort studies; confidence interval; eggs; enzyme activity; humans; intracytoplasmic sperm injection; male fertility; males; membrane fusion; men; odds ratio; patients; prediction; sperm motility; therapeutics; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... The sperm acrosome reaction (AR) is a physiological secretory course of membrane fusion and hydrolytic enzymes, as well as matrix protein release, enabling spermatozoa to penetrate the egg surroundings. An instable acrosomal status before a specific stimulus, insufficient acrosomal responsiveness, or inadequate enzymatic activity of acrosomal content can be detrimental to male fertility. This pros ...