Jump to Main Content
- Torzewska, Agnieszka; Bednarska, Katarzyna; Różalski, Antoni
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 80-85
- Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Proteus mirabilis; Providencia stuartii; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; calcium; crystallization; crystals; magnesium phosphates; mixed culture; pH; synergism; urinary calculi; urinary tract; urine; viability
- ... Infectious urolithiasis is a consequence of long-standing urinary tract infections with urease-positive bacteria, especially Proteus spp. However, because of the often mixed nature of urinary tract infections, in the case of urinary stones formation, several species of bacteria may be involved in the process. The purpose of the study was to determine the impact of the bacterial species: Escherichi ...
- Iyer, Ramkumar; Moussa, Samir H.; Tommasi, Ruben; Miller, Alita A.
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 112-116
- Escherichia coli K12; Klebsiella pneumoniae; antibiotics; extrusion; fluorescent dyes; porins; transporters
- ... The major Gram-negative gated efflux channel TolC has been extensively characterized in Escherichia coli but there is minimal information about Klebsiella pneumoniae TolC. Using an arabinose-inducible plasmid-based expression system, we show that the K. pneumoniae TolC complements the efflux defect in an E. coli K-12 ΔtolC strain, restoring wild-type levels of resistance towards most antibiotics s ...