Jump to Main Content
- Iyer, Ramkumar; Moussa, Samir H.; Tommasi, Ruben; Miller, Alita A.
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 112-116
- Escherichia coli K12; Klebsiella pneumoniae; antibiotics; extrusion; fluorescent dyes; porins; transporters
- ... The major Gram-negative gated efflux channel TolC has been extensively characterized in Escherichia coli but there is minimal information about Klebsiella pneumoniae TolC. Using an arabinose-inducible plasmid-based expression system, we show that the K. pneumoniae TolC complements the efflux defect in an E. coli K-12 ΔtolC strain, restoring wild-type levels of resistance towards most antibiotics s ...
- Fišarová, Lenka; Pantůček, Roman; Botka, Tibor; Doškař, Jiří
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 105-111
- Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; animal diseases; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; antibiotics; coagulase negative staphylococci; electroporation; hospitals; humans; plasmids
- ... Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) are an important cause of human and animal diseases. Treatment of these diseases is complicated by their common antimicrobial resistance, caused by overuse of antibiotics in hospital and veterinary environment. Therefore, they are assumed to serve as a reservoir of resistance genes often located on plasmids. In this study, we analyzed plasmid content in 62 s ...