Jump to Main Content
- Torzewska, Agnieszka; Bednarska, Katarzyna; Różalski, Antoni
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 80-85
- Escherichia coli; Klebsiella pneumoniae; Proteus mirabilis; Providencia stuartii; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; calcium; crystallization; crystals; magnesium phosphates; mixed culture; pH; synergism; urinary calculi; urinary tract; urine; viability
- ... Infectious urolithiasis is a consequence of long-standing urinary tract infections with urease-positive bacteria, especially Proteus spp. However, because of the often mixed nature of urinary tract infections, in the case of urinary stones formation, several species of bacteria may be involved in the process. The purpose of the study was to determine the impact of the bacterial species: Escherichi ...
- Fišarová, Lenka; Pantůček, Roman; Botka, Tibor; Doškař, Jiří
- Research in microbiology 2019 v.170 no.2 pp. 105-111
- Staphylococcus aureus; Staphylococcus epidermidis; animal diseases; antibiotic resistance; antibiotic resistance genes; antibiotics; coagulase negative staphylococci; electroporation; hospitals; humans; plasmids
- ... Coagulase-negative staphylococci (CoNS) are an important cause of human and animal diseases. Treatment of these diseases is complicated by their common antimicrobial resistance, caused by overuse of antibiotics in hospital and veterinary environment. Therefore, they are assumed to serve as a reservoir of resistance genes often located on plasmids. In this study, we analyzed plasmid content in 62 s ...