Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Linling; Long, Ruyin; Chen, Hong
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2019 v.142 pp. 113-121
- carbon; cities; coal; electric energy consumption; electric power; electricity; energy; greenhouse gases; power generation; traffic; travel; urban areas; China
- ... With the rapid development of rail transit, a vast amount of electric power is consumed each year. However, the generation of electricity, and especially coal power generation, is an important source of greenhouse gases. Therefore, it is very important to analyze the potential of carbon emission reduction of urban rail transit based on specific electricity consumption structures. In this study, 18 ...
- Tong, Wen; Mu, Dong; Zhao, Fu; Mendis, Gamini P.; Sutherland, John W.
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2019 v.142 pp. 88-100
- carbon; carbon markets; emissions; environmental protection; industry; issues and policy; market prices; models; profits and margins; supply chain; willingness to pay; China; Europe; Korean Peninsula
- ... Governments and consumers are paying more attention to environmental protection. China, Korea, and several European countries have implemented market-based cap-and-trade systems to reduce carbon emissions. At the same time, consumers are willing to pay more for low-carbon products. The decisions of manufacturers and retailers may be impacted by these factors. This paper considers a scenario with a ...