Jump to Main Content
- Palacios, Jose-Luis; Abadias, Alejandro; Valero, Alicia; Valero, Antonio; Reuter, Markus A.
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2019 v.148 pp. 23-35
- energy resources, etc ; chemistry; computer software; energy; energy costs; entropy; gold; minerals; mining; models; rocks; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... The depletion of the mineral capital is a topic of concern because the worldwide demand for minerals is rapidly increasing. Moreover, since the energy consumption increases as ore grades decline, there is growing stress on energy resources and the environment associated with mining activities. The energy costs associated with the exhaustion of mineral deposits is ruled by the entropy law through a ...
- Watari, Takuma; McLellan, Benjamin C.; Giurco, Damien; Dominish, Elsa; Yamasue, Eiji; Nansai, Keisuke
- Resources, conservation, and recycling 2019 v.148 pp. 91-103
- energy resources, etc ; cobalt; copper; electric vehicles; electricity; electricity generation; lithium; minerals; models; nickel; silver; steel; wastes; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Global energy transitions could fundamentally change flows of both minerals and energy resources over time. It is, therefore, increasingly important to holistically and dynamically capture the impacts of large-scale energy transitions on resource flows including hidden flows such as mine waste, as well as direct flows. Here we demonstrate a systematic model that can quantify resource flows of both ...