Jump to Main Content
- Frank Ashwood; Kevin Watts; Kirsty Park; Elisa Fuentes‐Montemayor; Sue Benham; Elena I. Vanguelova
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.6 pp. 1381-1392
- agricultural soils; arable soils; biomass; chronosequences; earthworms; ecological function; environmental impact; forest restoration; functional diversity; long term effects; nitrogen; pH; pastures; soil density; soil ecology; soil organic carbon; soil quality; species richness; woodlands
- ... Woodland restoration is underway globally to counter the negative soil quality and ecological impacts of agricultural expansion and woodland fragmentation, and restore or enhance biodiversity, ecosystem functions and services. However, we lack information about the long‐term effects of woodland restoration on agricultural soils, particularly at temporal scales meaningful to woodland and soil devel ...
- Milena Fermina Rosenfield; Sandra Cristina Müller
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 158-167
- carbon nitrogen ratio; detritivores; ecosystems; functional diversity; natural regeneration; soil; species richness; trees; tropical forests; vegetation structure; Brazil
- ... Restoration projects may have broad and complex ecological goals that require distinct and integrative measures for evaluating restoration development and success. However, most studies usually evaluate structural and species composition parameters, with less emphasis on ecological processes and functioning. The main objective of this study is to use an integrated approach that considers structura ...