Jump to Main Content
- Rosenfield, Milena Fermina; Müller, Sandra Cristina
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 158-167
- carbon nitrogen ratio; detritivores; ecosystems; functional diversity; natural regeneration; soil; species richness; trees; tropical forests; vegetation structure; Brazil
- ... Restoration projects may have broad and complex ecological goals that require distinct and integrative measures for evaluating restoration development and success. However, most studies usually evaluate structural and species composition parameters, with less emphasis on ecological processes and functioning. The main objective of this study is to use an integrated approach that considers structura ...
- Guêné‐Nanchen, Mélina; Hugron, Sandrine; Rochefort, Line
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 178-188
- Sphagnum; chronosequences; ecological restoration; ecosystems; growing season; harvesting; hydrology; ingredients; markets; meteorological parameters; mosses and liverworts; peatlands; plant nurseries; seeds; soil; vegetation; Alberta; New Brunswick; Quebec
- ... Ecosystem restoration frequently involves the reintroduction of plant material in the degraded ecosystem. When there are no plant nurseries or seeds available on the market, the plant material has to be harvested in the wild, in a “donor ecosystem.” A comprehensive assessment of donor ecosystem recovery is lacking, especially for Sphagnum‐dominated donor peatlands, where all top vegetation is harv ...