Jump to Main Content
- Rosenfield, Milena Fermina; Müller, Sandra Cristina
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 158-167
- carbon nitrogen ratio; detritivores; ecosystems; functional diversity; natural regeneration; soil; species richness; trees; tropical forests; vegetation structure; Brazil
- ... Restoration projects may have broad and complex ecological goals that require distinct and integrative measures for evaluating restoration development and success. However, most studies usually evaluate structural and species composition parameters, with less emphasis on ecological processes and functioning. The main objective of this study is to use an integrated approach that considers structura ...
- Smith DiCarlo, Lauren A.; DeBano, Sandra J.
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 210-219
- Araneae; annuals; arid grasslands; arid lands; biological soil crusts; chronosequences; community structure; ecosystem services; ecosystems; grasses; grassland restoration; habitats; invasive species; monitoring; predators; species richness; United States
- ... Spiders (Araneae) play key roles in ecosystems, not only as common and abundant generalist predators, but also as major contributors to biodiversity in many areas. In addition, due to their short generation times and high mobility, spiders respond rapidly to small changes in their environment, potentially making them useful indicators for restoration monitoring. However, few studies have focused o ...