Jump to Main Content
- Policelli, Nahuel; Picca, Pablo; Gómez Villafañe, Isabel E.
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 109-119
- Arecaceae; botanical composition; ecosystems; environmental impact; fire regime; fire suppression; forests; grasslands; phenology; plant communities; prescribed burning; savannas; shrubs; stakeholders; vegetation cover
- ... Shrub encroachment in grasslands is a worldwide problem that has many ecological consequences, transforming previously open environments into dense forests. Disruption of natural fire regimes is one of the main causes of shrub encroachment, and the use of prescribed fire is a common strategy used to restore these ecosystems. In this study, we provide information about how a palm tree savanna under ...
- Le Roy, Maxime; Sawtschuk, Jérôme; Bioret, Frédéric; Gallet, Sébastien
- Restoration ecology 2019 v.27 no.1 pp. 228-238
- databases; ecological restoration; ecological value; ecosystems; humans; infrastructure; interviews; inventories; monitoring; planning; stakeholders; trampling damage; vegetation; France
- ... The sharp increase in the touristic use of the maritime clifftops in western France after WWII resulted in a concentration of activities that generated ecosystem degradation in many sites (e.g. touristic infrastructure, human trampling). Consideration of the ecological value of these sites over the past three decades has led to a shift in maritime clifftop management and consequently to numerous p ...