Jump to Main Content
- Stanturf, John A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2017 v.25 no.2 pp. 178-183
- forest restoration; forests; landscapes; politics; trees
- ... Restoring forest landscapes is critical in the face of continued global forest loss and degradation. In this article, we explore some challenges underlying the delivery of global commitments to restore forest landscapes. We propose that three fundamental questions need to be resolved upfront for the effective implementation of Forest Landscape Restoration and related commitments: (1) What social a ...
- Stanturf, John A., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Restoration ecology 2015 v.23 no.3 pp. 301-309
- Anemone (plant); Calamagrostis; afforestation; chronosequences; ecological restoration; ecosystems; forests; monitoring; oil shale; pH; planning; soil; soil ecology; Estonia
- ... Post‐mining restoration sites often develop novel ecosystems as soil conditions are completely new and ecosystem assemblage can be spontaneous even on afforested sites. This study presents results from long‐term monitoring and evaluation of an afforested oil‐shale quarry in Estonia. The study is based on chronosequence data of soil and vegetation and comparisons are made to similar forest site‐typ ...