Jump to Main Content
- Harland, Rex; Asteman, Irina Polovodova; Nordberg, Kjell
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2019 v.261 pp. 31-40
- Miozoa; North Atlantic Oscillation; basins; climate change; coasts; mariculture; marine environment; monitoring; nutrient availability; phytoplankton; sediments; statistical analysis; tourism; winter; Atlantic Ocean; North Sea; Sweden
- ... A small set of samples from Gullmar Fjord, on the west coast of Sweden, together with published data, has allowed the investigation of the ‘Anthropocene’ within the fjord. The dinoflagellate cyst record and its statistical analysis fails to show any marked changes within the assemblages either across the proposed boundary or indeed within the youngest sediments at the top of the sequence. However ...
- Mangerud, Gunn; Paterson, Niall W.; Riding, James B.
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2019 v.261 pp. 53-66
- Jurassic period; Miozoa; Triassic period; basins; fossils; geographical distribution; new species; palynology; species richness; Alps region; Switzerland
- ... The records of fossil dinoflagellate cysts from the Late Triassic, the time during which they first appear abundantly in the geological record, are reviewed. Most of the Triassic palynological literature pertains to terrestrial palynomorphs, thus it is challenging to establish a global picture of the temporal and spatial distribution of Late Triassic dinoflagellate cyst around the Pangea supercont ...