Jump to Main Content
- Šimůnek, Zbyněk
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2019 v.261 pp. 81-94
- Pennsylvanian period; basins; cell walls; coal; guard cells; new species; peat; stomata; Czech Republic
- ... A dispersed cuticular assemblage with Cordaites Unger represents the oldest record of cordaitalean remains in peat deposits. Cordaitalean cuticles are easily distinguished by their elongated tetragonal or oblong cells and typical stomatal complexes. This assemblage comes from the coal seam 26 of the Karviná Formation, Lower Suchá Member, a few meters above the Namurian/Westphalian boundary in the ...
- Mangerud, Gunn; Paterson, Niall W.; Riding, James B.
- Review of palaeobotany and palynology 2019 v.261 pp. 53-66
- Jurassic period; Miozoa; Triassic period; basins; fossils; geographical distribution; new species; palynology; species richness; Alps region; Switzerland
- ... The records of fossil dinoflagellate cysts from the Late Triassic, the time during which they first appear abundantly in the geological record, are reviewed. Most of the Triassic palynological literature pertains to terrestrial palynomorphs, thus it is challenging to establish a global picture of the temporal and spatial distribution of Late Triassic dinoflagellate cyst around the Pangea supercont ...